1. Linguistic Intelligence: the capacity to use language to express what’s on your mind and to understand other people. Any kind of writer, orator, speaker, lawyer, or other person for whom language is an important stock in trade has great linguistic intelligence.
2. Logical/Mathematical Intelligence: the capacity to understand the underlying principles of some kind of causal system, the way a scientist or a logician does; or to manipulate numbers, quantities, and operations, the way a mathematician does.
3. Musical Rhythmic Intelligence: the capacity to think in music; to be able to hear patterns, recognize them, and perhaps manipulate them. People who have strong musical intelligence don’t just remember music easily, they can’t get it out of their minds, it’s so omnipresent.
4. Bodily/Kinesthetic Intelligence: the capacity to use your whole body or parts of your body (your hands, your fingers, your arms) to solve a problem, make something, or put on some kind of production. The most evident examples are people in athletics or the performing arts, particularly dancing or acting.
5. Spatial Intelligence: the ability to represent the spatial world internally in your mind — the way a sailor or airplane pilot navigates the large spatial world, or the way a chess player or sculptor represents a more circumscribed spatial world. Spatial intelligence can be used in the arts or in the sciences.
6. Naturalist Intelligence: the ability to discriminate among living things (plants, animals) and sensitivity to other features of the natural world (clouds, rock configurations). This ability was clearly of value in our evolutionary past as hunters, gatherers, and farmers; it continues to be central in such roles as botanist or chef.
7. Intrapersonal Intelligence: having an understanding of yourself; knowing who you are, what you can do, what you want to do, how you react to things, which things to avoid, and which things to gravitate toward. We are drawn to people who have a good understanding of themselves. They tend to know what they can and can’t do, and to know where to go if they need help.
8. Interpersonal Intelligence: the ability to understand other people. It’s an ability we all need, but is especially important for teachers, clinicians, salespersons, or politicians — anybody who deals with other people.
9. Existential Intelligence: the ability and proclivity to pose (and ponder) questions about life, death, and ultimate realities."
Howard Gardner’s seminal Theory of Multiple Intelligences, originally published in 1983, which revolutionized psychology and education by offering a more dimensional conception of intelligence than the narrow measures traditional standardized tests had long applied. (via divinespirit)
Being intelligent is not just about being ‘smart’ and good at academic subjects.
(Source: , via gettingahealthybody)
- totallynotcarlton reblogged this from woodydouglas
- falloutdonna reblogged this from killianscocoa
- babishorty reblogged this from blushbby
- babishorty likes this
- karen-dulay reblogged this from hailthenightmareking
- jonyellowsnow likes this
- hailthenightmareking reblogged this from stupid-fucking-rope
- landofcrescendosandpigment reblogged this from artsymar
- jkjustkatie reblogged this from catsmeowkittensmittens
- catsmeowkittensmittens reblogged this from shotsofawe
- magtheria reblogged this from the-porn-legacy
- merjolras reblogged this from stupid-fucking-rope
- desire-to-awaken likes this
- manateeparty reblogged this from myfandom-needsme
- senricchi reblogged this from the-porn-legacy
- freaklessevolution likes this
- margaritasinmasonjars reblogged this from stupid-fucking-rope
- hanhans88 likes this
- adragonsheartstring likes this
- lunopheliac likes this
- lunopheliac reblogged this from stupid-fucking-rope
- the-porn-legacy reblogged this from stupid-fucking-rope
- the-porn-legacy likes this
- itsekhi reblogged this from stupid-fucking-rope
- itsekhi likes this
- goatboygoesbyebye likes this
- stupid-fucking-rope reblogged this from myfandom-needsme
- rrubylucas-archive likes this
- crypt-kicker likes this
- fleurcoat likes this
- touchmykneesbutt likes this
- tiniestfragments likes this
- asatellitemind likes this
- conlaws reblogged this from wildebears
- bananaboathouse reblogged this from cupidsbower
- sophiehatter reblogged this from kiogo
- aambien likes this
- wearealljustpuppets reblogged this from forging-neural-pathways
- forging-neural-pathways reblogged this from theatremusicmath
- forging-neural-pathways likes this
- 3nthuse likes this
- dudeshithappensjustchill reblogged this from whatstartedasawhisper
- radiatevibesss likes this
- this-to0-shall-pass-us likes this
- no-stalgicdreamer likes this
- surf-rsparadise likes this
- totallynotcarlton likes this
- i-justwant2sing likes this
- palmyvibes likes this