1. Linguistic Intelligence: the capacity to use language to express what’s on your mind and to understand other people. Any kind of writer, orator, speaker, lawyer, or other person for whom language is an important stock in trade has great linguistic intelligence.
2. Logical/Mathematical Intelligence: the capacity to understand the underlying principles of some kind of causal system, the way a scientist or a logician does; or to manipulate numbers, quantities, and operations, the way a mathematician does.
3. Musical Rhythmic Intelligence: the capacity to think in music; to be able to hear patterns, recognize them, and perhaps manipulate them. People who have strong musical intelligence don’t just remember music easily, they can’t get it out of their minds, it’s so omnipresent.
4. Bodily/Kinesthetic Intelligence: the capacity to use your whole body or parts of your body (your hands, your fingers, your arms) to solve a problem, make something, or put on some kind of production. The most evident examples are people in athletics or the performing arts, particularly dancing or acting.
5. Spatial Intelligence: the ability to represent the spatial world internally in your mind — the way a sailor or airplane pilot navigates the large spatial world, or the way a chess player or sculptor represents a more circumscribed spatial world. Spatial intelligence can be used in the arts or in the sciences.
6. Naturalist Intelligence: the ability to discriminate among living things (plants, animals) and sensitivity to other features of the natural world (clouds, rock configurations). This ability was clearly of value in our evolutionary past as hunters, gatherers, and farmers; it continues to be central in such roles as botanist or chef.
7. Intrapersonal Intelligence: having an understanding of yourself; knowing who you are, what you can do, what you want to do, how you react to things, which things to avoid, and which things to gravitate toward. We are drawn to people who have a good understanding of themselves. They tend to know what they can and can’t do, and to know where to go if they need help.
8. Interpersonal Intelligence: the ability to understand other people. It’s an ability we all need, but is especially important for teachers, clinicians, salespersons, or politicians — anybody who deals with other people.
9. Existential Intelligence: the ability and proclivity to pose (and ponder) questions about life, death, and ultimate realities."
Howard Gardner’s seminal Theory of Multiple Intelligences, originally published in 1983, which revolutionized psychology and education by offering a more dimensional conception of intelligence than the narrow measures traditional standardized tests had long applied. (via divinespirit)
Being intelligent is not just about being ‘smart’ and good at academic subjects.
(Source: , via gettingahealthybody)
- queen-nat-xvi reblogged this from mahleriana
- inthekn0wn likes this
- amyebueno reblogged this from beyoncevevo
- vaniushi likes this
- flowersforaghxst likes this
- cocoacacao likes this
- finishthepagefootnotes reblogged this from mahleriana
- laurangutan likes this
- softlysleeping likes this
- thedruidsteaparty likes this
- girlythingsforgeekypeople reblogged this from thereandbachagain
- raspberrynoise likes this
- jennyem likes this
- saltandpeppersandwich likes this
- its-bassic reblogged this from deus-ex-musica
- deus-ex-musica reblogged this from mahleriana
- kyofreakenkyo reblogged this from protonsandpentagrams
- f-auxhawk likes this
- everythingiscomicsans likes this
- matayoshiii likes this
- bookssbook likes this
- swallowingtheshineofsummer reblogged this from doctormagikarp
- swallowingtheshineofsummer likes this
- c1nnamonsticks likes this
- c1nnamonsticks reblogged this from missbrightside13
- claireartsyartphotos likes this
- missbrightside13 reblogged this from legs-sadovsky
- ivynewton likes this
- crayolaservicesyo reblogged this from theangryviolinist
- crayolaservicesyo likes this
- josie-c likes this
- daxblkxjewel reblogged this from after-2112
- flowersinthebasement reblogged this from love-live-change
- xomonetox reblogged this from creemendous
- starvala reblogged this from johnspuddlejumper
- doctormagikarp reblogged this from ischander
- creemendous reblogged this from towesttexas
- m-vnny likes this
- ischander reblogged this from minnielikes
- deus-ex-musica likes this
- puffpictures likes this
- careless-wispa reblogged this from theangryviolinist
- mjiulliano likes this
- thepeterpancomplex reblogged this from after-2112
- fu-kyouu reblogged this from daxblkxjewel
- findmyownwayout reblogged this from suits-and-little-flutes
- anterogradeskies reblogged this from theangryviolinist
- dustpigeons likes this
- daddys-lil-bitch likes this
- prostitutepotato likes this